Raineri Barbera d’Alba Sagrin
- Denomination: DOC
- Grape variety: Barbera 100%
- Vineyard in: Monforte d’Alba
- Average production: 4000 bottles; 330 cases
- Grape yield per hectare: 6 tons
- Exposure and altitude: south-west, 950 feet a.s.l.
- Type of soil: sand and marls of clay, limestone
- Age of vineyard and growing system: 20 year old, guyot
- Sustainable, with grass kept short, copper and sulfur.
- At least two green harvests between July and August, followed by manual selection at picking time.
- Grapes harvested by hand at the end of September in 20kg crates.
Vinification & Aging
- Clusters are crushed and destemmed in the cellar. Fermentation and maceration last about 14 days at controlled temperature (28°-29°C; 82°-84°F) in vertical stainless steel vat.
- About 2 months of malolactic fermentation followed by 14 months aging in used French oak. No filtration, no fining.
- Color: ruby-red deeply purplish highlighted
- Nose: black pepper, mature black skin fruit, deep
- Palate: dry, fruity, deep and lasting, full-bodied, balanced
- Serving temperature: 16°-17°C / 61°-63°F
- Aging potential: 2-8 years
- Pairing: appetizers, pasta and meat entrées, cured meat and cheese
Technical SheetHD pic & Label