Raineri Langhe Nebbiolo Snart
- Denomination: DOC
- Grape variety: Nebbiolo 100%
- Average production: 15000 bottles
- Grape yield per hectare: 6,5-7 tons
- Exposure and altitude: south-west, 1150 feet a.s.l.
- Type of soil: sand and marls of clay, limestone
- Age of vineyard and growing system: 35 year old, guyot
- Sustainable, with grass kept short, copper and sulfur.
- Vineyard managed completely by hand: just too steep and dangerous to use any sort of motorized vehicle. At least two green harvests between July and August, followed by manual selection at picking time.
- Grapes harvested by hand at the beginning of October in 20kg crates.
Vinification & Aging
- Clusters are crushed and destemmed in the cellar. Fermentation and maceration last about 8-10 days at controlled temperature (28°-29°C; 82°-84°F) in vertical stainless steel vat.
- About two months of malolactic fermentation followed by eight months aging in stainless steel prior to bottling. No filtration, no fining.
- Color: pale ruby-red
- Nose: fresh red skin fruit, cherry, wild rose, spicy
- Palate: fresh red berries and red apple, deep and lasting, elegant tannins, medium-bodied, balanced
- Serving temperature: 16°-17°C; 61°-63°F
- Aging potential: 2-5 years
- Pairing: any food fish or meat based served with rich sauce, cured meat and cheese
Technical SheetHD pic & Label