Raineri Barolo Monserra
- Denomination: DOCG
- Grape variety: Nebbiolo 100%
- Vineyard in: Perno of Monforte and Serralunga d’Alba
- Single Vineyard: Santo Stefano di Perno (Monforte); San Bernardo (Serralunga)
- Average production: 4000 bottles; 350 cases
- Grape yield per hectare: 5 tons
- Exposure and altitude: south-west, 1150 feet a.s.l.
- Type of soil: sand and marls of clay, limestone
- Age of vineyard and growing system: 40 year old, guyot
- Sustainable, with grass kept short, copper and sulfur.
- At least two green harvests between July and August, followed by manual selection at picking time.
- Grapes harvested by hand in mid-October in 20kg crates.
Vinification & Aging
- Clusters are crushed and destemmed in the cellar. Fermentation and maceration last about three weeks at controlled temperature (30°-31°C; 86°-88°F) in vertical stainless steel vat.
- About two months of malolactic fermentation followed by 24 months aging in French oak (30% new). No filtration, no fining.
- Color: garnet-red
- Nose: violet, dried rose, balsamic, mushrooms, mature fruits, tobacco
- Palate: dry, very deep and lasting, beefy tannins, full-bodied, well balanced
- Serving temperature: 16°-17°C; 61°-63°F
- Aging potential: 5-20 years
- Pairing: pasta with rich sauce, steak, braised meat, lamb and game, hard cheese, dark chocolate
Technical SheetHD pic & Label