Raineri Dogliani Zovetto
- Denomination: DOCG
- Grape variety: Dolcetto 100%
- Vineyard in: Farigliano, Single Vineyard Cornole
- Average production: 10000 bottles; 1250 cases
- Grape yield per hectare: 6,5-7 tons
- Exposure and altitude: south, south-east, 1300 feet a.s.l.
- Type of soil: marls of clay and limestone
- Age of vineyard and growing system: 45 year old, guyot
- Partially managed completely by hand: just too steep and dangerous to use any sort of motorized vehicle.
- Sustainable, with grass kept short, copper and sulfur.
- At least two green harvests between July and August, followed by manual selection at picking time. Grapes harvested by hand in mid-September in 20kg crates.
Vinification & Aging
- Clusters are crushed and destemmed in the cellar. Fermentation and maceration last about 8 days at controlled temperature (27°-28°C; 80°-82°F) in stainless steel horizontal fermenter.
- One month of malolactic fermentation followed by eight months aging in stainless steel vat prior to bottling. No filtration, no fining.
- Color: deep ruby-red tones purplish highlighted
- Nose: deep, fruity, cherry and plum, grapey
- Palate: grapey, full, deep and lasting, sweet tannins, balanced, typical nutty aftertaste
- Serving temperature: 16°-17°C; 61°-63°F
- Aging potential: 2-5 years
- Pairing: cheese and crackers, any appetizer, pasta, pizza, cured meat
Technical SheetHD pic & Label